What to Do in Case of a Pedestrian Accident
Pedestrian accidents are common in the Los Angeles area, and they often result in serious injuries, disabilities or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than 2,000 people died in collisions between pedestrians and motor vehicles in Los Angeles between 2002 and 2009. In fact, a third of traffic fatalities in this area involved pedestrians. Although drivers are often able to walk away from collisions with pedestrians, the pedestrians are rarely so lucky. If you experience a pedestrian accident, here’s what you need to know.
1. Move any injured parties to a safe area, and perform only essential medical care such as CPR until the ambulance arrives.
2. Contact the police and medical care providers who can take control of the accident scene and ensure injured parties have access to the care they need.
3. Get legal help. An attorney can help protect your rights and ensure you have access to the information you need.
4. Take notes. Exchange contact information and take notes about the accident site, road and visibility conditions and the accident itself. Take pictures when possible.
5. Cooperate with the police to help them recreate the accident.
Our pedestrian accident attorney in Los Angeles can help you determine the next best move for your situation. Mr. Hamdam has extensive experience in pedestrian accidents and can ensure you receive the compensation you need to pay your medical bills, rehabilitation and other costs and move forward after your accident. Contact us today to schedule your no-cost consultation with Mr. Hamdam.
Back to Blog